Home   Contact Us   Add Offer  
  HOME BULGARIA SOFIA REGION CULTURE - Sightseeing
SOFIA REGION

INTRODUCTION
- Bankya
- Botevgrad
- Borovets
- Dolna Banya
- Etropole
- Ihtiman
- Koprivshtitsa
- Kostenets
- Momin Prohod
- Pirdop
- Pravets
- Samokov
- Slivnitsa
- Svoge
- Zlatitsa
SLEEPING
- Hotels
- Apartments & Houses
- Hostels & Motels
EATING & DRINKING
- Restaurants
- Bar & Dining
- Fast Food
- Cafe & Patisserie
- Pizza
NIGHT LIFE
- Clubs
- Discos
- Pubs
CULTURE
- Museums
- Galleries
- Sightseeing
- Culture Centers
SHOPPING
- Optics & Jewellery
- Souvenirs & Gifts
- Fashion & Cosmetics
- Supermarkets
IHTIMAN
Turkish bath
2050 Ihtiman
Klimovsk St.
Tel.: (0724)
Web site:
Open: 09.00 - 18.00
Admission: free
Restored Turkish bath of 18th c. with an unique architecture is very attractive place for connoisseurs. The building houses The Town Art Gallery.
IHTIMAN
Trayanovi Vrata Fortress
2050 Ihtiman
15 km away from Ihtiman
Web site:
Open: non-stop
Admission: free
The Trayanovi Vrata Fortress lies only 15 km away. It is a valuable monument of the Roman age, and of the First and the Second Bulgarian Kingdom. There in 986 the Bulgarian king Samuil defeated the Byzantine emperor Vasilius II.
BOTEVGRAD
The Clock Tower
2140 Botevgrad
Town center
Web site: http://botevgrad.org
Open: 09.00 - 18.00
Admission: free
The Clock Tower is a symbol of the town, built up at the central square by master Vouno Markov from the village of Vrachesh in 1866. One of The 100 National Tourist Sites /the stamp is at the mayoralty, near the tower/
SAMOKOV
Bairakli Mosque
2000 Samokov
Town center
Tel.: (0722)
Web site:
Admision: 1 lv
Open: Mon-sun 9.3012.30, 13.0017.00.
The style of the frescos in Bairakli Mosque is very typical to the Art School of Samokov, expressed mostly with paintings of garlands, vases with flowers and shells.The prayer niche of the mosque is oriented towards the holy Muslim lands where Mecca and Medina are. It is very richly decorated.
SAMOKOV
The Big Fountain
2000 Samokov
Town center
Web site:
Admision: free
The fountain was built in approximately 1660 on the Town Square. Even today people believe that whoever drinks from the fountain will remain in the town forever. Since on the western side of the fountain there is an earring carved from stone, the fountain is also known as the Fountain with the earring.
Copyright hammondlibrary 2002 - 2015 All Rights Reserved. Partner Links